- These terms can be found at the website of SignRequest www.signrequest.com (the Website) and will be send on request by email or by post.
- If you have any questions about these terms you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +31 (0) 20 894 36 57.
- SignRequest offers both Services free of charge (Free Services) and paid Services (Paid Services).
- When using Free Services a User is allowed, but not required, to create an Account. For Paid Services the User has to create an Account through our website.
- To register an Account for Free Services the User only needs to enter an email address and password or alternatively can use their LinkedIn, Google or Facebook login details. For Paid Services additional payment details are needed. Payments can only be made through bank transfer or credit card details. If the Paid Services are recurring, the User authorizes SignRequest for recurring monthly payments after the first payment. Recurring payments are charged in the same way as the first payment.
- Recurring Paid Services can be cancelled monthly through the Website unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- A User with an Account can be part of a team account (a Team Account). Users which are part of a Team Account have access to all documents within that team. A Team Account has the right to create a subdomain (yourteam.signrequest.com).
- Free Services are provided to Users free of charge. However, without prejudice to article 2.2, 4.1 and 4.2, SignRequest expressly reserves the right to introduce a charged alternative for Free Services at any time, and cease providing the Free Services.
- Paid Services have additional features, for example (but without limitation) text message verification, bank payment verification, extra notifications, API integration, extra attachments, more users per team, more templates, etc.
- SignRequest shall at all times endeavor to facilitate the Paid Services and keep the Paid Services accessible at all times. However, as SignRequest will continuously improve the Services, some changes will be made to the Services and occasional maintenance schedules downtime of the Services can be expected. SignRequest will timely notify Users when such downtime is scheduled.
- SignRequest reserves the right to wholly or partially use third parties to supply Free Services and Paid Services.
Electronic signatures and signed documents
- SignRequest Services enable the use of signatures in electronic form. The legal status of such signatures can vary depending on the applicable jurisdiction, the purpose for which the signatures are used and other circumstances that may be relevant under applicable law. It is User's responsibility to ensure that signatures obtained or provided by means of the Services have the desired legal effect. SignRequest makes no commitments in this respect.
- SignRequest will take reasonable measures to safeguard the confidentiality of documents and information exchanged by means of the Services. SignRequest makes no commitments with regard to the availability of such documents and information or any information generated in the context of the Free Services (such as, without limitation, signing logs).
- For Free Services, SignRequest reserves the right to remove documents or information from its systems at any time. For registered Accounts or Paid Services documents and information will remain stored for the User’s access. SignRequest reserves the right to remove documents or information if an Account is not used for more than 12 months but only after having timely notified an affected User.
- Without prejudice to article 4, SignRequest makes no commitments with regard to the successful completion of a signing process, such as (without limitation) with regard to emails reaching the intended recipient or the availability of the Services for the completion of a signing process once initiated.
- For the avoidance of doubt, SignRequest has no involvement with and accepts no responsibility:
- for the content of documents or other information exchanged through and/or signed by means of Services; or
- whether or not any documents are legally valid and binding under any jurisdiction. SignRequest does not monitor such content or other information exchanged through the Services.
- The pricing for the Paid Services is presented on our Website. The pricing listed on our Website is valid for as long as it is listed on our Website. No rights can be derived from changes in the listed pricing. The definitive pricing is shown at the checkout pages of the Website or in a separate Agreement.
- SignRequest reserves the right to change the pricing for Paid Services for new Users. Pricing of Existing Users will not be affected by general price changes. SignRequest may, however, decide to change the Paid Services or its pricing. Existing Users are in such case entitled to cancel their Account.
- All listed prices are exclusive applicable VAT. If fees are not automatically charged, issued invoices are payable within 14 (fourteen) days after the date of invoice. If payment has not occurred within 14 (fourteen) days after the date of invoice, SignRequest may charge statutory interest, and collection costs to an amount equivalent to 15% of the overdue payment, block your Account or cancel your Account.
User accounts and User responsibilities
- SignRequest offers User the possibility to create a user account for the purpose of simplifying repeated use of Services by, inter alia, enabling storage of certain User details and for access to Paid Services. It is User's responsibility to ensure safekeeping of account passwords and other login details, and more in general to protect his account against unauthorized use.
- User must ensure that the Services are used in conformity with SignRequest's instructions and for the purpose that SignRequest intended them for. More specifically (without limitation), User is not allowed to use Services:
- in any way that affects the integrity or continuity of SignRequest's systems;
- to integrate Services with internal business systems or with systems or services provided by User or any third party, or in any other way that does not involve normal use of the manual user interface provided by SignRequest; or
- to resell or redistribute Services in any way.
- It is User's responsibility to use the Services in compliance with applicable law and with any third party rights. More specifically (without limitation), User is not allowed to use the Services:
- in a way that infringes on a third party's intellectual property rights;
- in a way that violates a person's privacy;
- to send unsolicited messages or SignRequests to any third party recipient.
- If any of the circumstances set out above in 7.1, 7.2 or 7.3 occurs, SignRequest reserves the right to block or terminate an Account at any time and delete all information related to it.
- User and Clients indemnify SignRequest for any third party claims that may arise from any use of the Services that is in violation of applicable law or unlawful in any other way.
- Documents and other information uploaded by User to SignRequest's systems, or otherwise provided by User in the context of the use of the Services, may contain third party intellectual property. With regard to such intellectual property, User grants to SignRequest a non-exclusive, irrevocable license for the use thereof to the extent required for and for the sole purpose of providing the Services to User. User warrants that he has the right to grant such license, including (without limitation) to the extent it applies to third party content.
- Any feedback or suggestions provided by the User with regard to the use, design or functionally of the Services may be used freely by SignRequest for the improvement and further development thereof. Any new intellectual property resulting from such improvement or development will remain with SignRequest. To the extent that such new intellectual property does not reside with SignRequest by operation of law, User will render all cooperation necessary to affect the transfer of such intellectual property to SignRequest.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, SignRequest excludes all liability with regard to the provision or use of the Free Services.
- More specifically (without limitation), SignRequest accepts no liability, to the extent permitted by applicable law, for loss of data, third party access to data due to unlawful entry into computer systems, a signing process not being completed, a signature not having the desired legal effect, loss of contract, loss of contract value or loss of income or profits or any (other) indirect or consequential damages irrespective whether the Services are offered by SignRequest directly or through a third party.
- For Paid Services, SignRequest accepts liability for damages caused directly by the Paid Services to an individual User. This liability is limited to the invoiced amount with a maximum of 12 cumulative months.
AssignmentUser agrees that SignRequest is entitled to assign its rights and obligations under the agreement for the provision of Services to a third party in the context of the partial or complete transfer of its business.
Governing law and jurisdiction
- Any agreement between SignRequest and User will be governed by and construed under the laws of the Netherlands, with exclusion of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and other rules of private international law.
- The parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent court in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, for the resolution of any dispute arising from or in relation to any agreement between SignRequest and User.
Version: July 2016